Dedimania forum

Feel free to express yourself on your favorite dedicated related tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-25 22:48:49

?? :?aradiz L??G |??+??
namm1
Member
Registered: 2014-11-07
Posts: 42

Max only top 100 rec. Why ?

On the player stats record TODAY we can only have 100 recs, but I would like to see like 10k recs, so that I can save ALL my records in ONE page:
ex.:
http://dedimania.net/tmstats/?do=stat&a … ;Limit=100

When I put: Limit=1000, i only get 100.., can you pls fix this "bug".
thx

Offline

#2 2019-08-25 22:59:20

Xymph
xymph
Moderator
Registered: 2009-05-26
Posts: 1718
Website

Re: Max only top 100 rec. Why ?

namm1 wrote:

On the player stats record TODAY we can only have 100 recs, but I would like to see like 10k recs, so that I can save ALL my records in ONE page:
ex.:
http://dedimania.net/tmstats/?do=stat&a … ;Limit=100

When I put: Limit=1000, i only get 100.., can you pls fix this "bug".

Not a bug but an intentional limit to avoid overloading the database and the server.

Offline

#3 2019-08-26 08:20:53

?? :?aradiz L??G |??+??
namm1
Member
Registered: 2014-11-07
Posts: 42

Re: Max only top 100 rec. Why ?

Ok, but that would be very nice if we could have all our records on ONE page; then I suggest that we could have a LINK of all our records on the TRACKMANIA PLAYER PAGE !

Please, that's the least you can do !

Last edited by namm1 (2019-08-26 08:27:58)

Offline

#4 2019-08-26 16:24:30

Xymph
xymph
Moderator
Registered: 2009-05-26
Posts: 1718
Website

Re: Max only top 100 rec. Why ?

namm1 wrote:

Ok, but that would be very nice if we could have all our records on ONE page; then I suggest that we could have a LINK of all our records on the TRACKMANIA PLAYER PAGE !

Please, that's the least you can do !

That's something nobody can do, because the TMF player site is owned by Nadeo, who ceased developing for TMF nearly a decade ago. Plus it does not solve the aforementioned overload problem.

Offline

#5 2019-08-29 14:01:35

?? :?aradiz L??G |??+??
namm1
Member
Registered: 2014-11-07
Posts: 42

Re: Max only top 100 rec. Why ?

Probably a stupid question, but what if you make a Dedimania Premium, with paysafe card payment option, so that we can buy and get a page of all our records ?

Last edited by namm1 (2019-08-29 14:02:52)

Offline

#6 2019-11-16 09:29:50

?? :?aradiz L??G |??+??
namm1
Member
Registered: 2014-11-07
Posts: 42

Re: Max only top 100 rec. Why ?

xymph wrote:

Not a bug but an intentional limit to avoid overloading the database and the server.

I could have a semi-solution:
1-Creating a database of payers records.
2-To ONLY creat this database of payers who ask to have a database of their records. (only a few)
Then updating rank  and times of records ONLY when they change in this database.

Advantage: when accessing to the database there is not a scanning of all maps, cause it is a database who is already memorised.

Hope you undersand the idea here ?
Thx, hope you could work a such a projet, that seems quite easy.

Offline

#7 2019-11-16 11:11:06

Xymph
xymph
Moderator
Registered: 2009-05-26
Posts: 1718
Website

Re: Max only top 100 rec. Why ?

namm1 wrote:

Thx, hope you could work a such a projet, that seems quite easy.

It's ultimately Slig's call, but I think no further development of Dedimania is planned or foreseen.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson